Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Writers Block Short Story Fiction

Short Story Fiction (Writer's Block)

Writer's block is defined as a condition, associated with writing as a profession, in which an author loses the ability to produce new work. The condition varies widely in intensity. It can be trivial, a temporary difficulty in dealing with the task at hand. At the other extreme, some "blocked" writers have been unable to work for years on end, and some have even abandoned their careers.

I guess you can say I am guilty of having it. However I don't believe my writer's block has much to do with my lack of imagination, rather, the time I have wasted on social sites such as facebook and twitter.

I thought that by shutting down my facebook account(which I did by the way), it would help me to finish my Short Story "No Religion". However, what happened is that I found myself using Twitter more often to compensate for my lost facebook time.

When you are paid to write as I am, it is your duty not only to your readers, but to your bank account, to well---write. Instead of shutting down my Twitter Account, which I have done in the past. One time losing 15k followers, the second time losing roughly 3k. I will attempt to balance my writing career, all the while interacting with my followers.

I believe a tweet that says simply "Writing" will allow me to attain my goal :)
What do you think?

If you have time please become a follower of my blog. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment